If you have ever struggled with fertility or irregular cycles, you have probably spent time looking for ways to support your hormones and improve your fertility naturally. One way you can do this is through seed cycling. This is a method that uses specific seeds in order to help regulate hormone levels and create balanced hormone cycles.
In this blog post, we will discuss what seed cycling is and how it works.
Though there are no formal, scientific studies proving the benefits of seed cycling, many women have tried it and seen amazing results. Seed cycling is a natural way to help balance hormone levels, regulate your cycle, and relieve PMS symptoms like cramping, breast tenderness, and painful periods. It can also help stimulate menstruation if it is absent and increase fertility.
- Seed cycling has been shown to help with conditions like PCOS, endometriosis, and ovarian cysts. Women of any age (menstruating or menopausal) can benefit from doing it.
The idea behind seed cycling is that the different types of seeds contain different nutrients that can help to support hormonal balance.
- For example, flax seeds are high in lignans (a type of phytoestrogen) which can help to regulate estrogen levels.
- On the other hand, pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which is an important nutrient for fertility.
By consuming different seeds at different times of your cycle, you can provide your body with the nutrients it needs in order to create a healthy hormone balance.
There are two main phases of seed cycling:
the follicular phase and the luteal phase. The follicular phase is the first half of your cycle, from the start of your period until ovulation. During this time, you will consume 1T flax seeds and 1T pumpkin seeds daily. The luteal phase is the second half of your cycle, from ovulation until the start of your next period. During this time, you will consume 1T sesame seeds and 1T sunflower seeds daily.
It is important to note that your cycle was meant to be in sync with the moon cycle, with your cycle beginning on the new moon and ovulation occurring on the full moon. To get your cycle to align with this you can start your seed cycling on the new moon. You can also help your body sync with the moon cycle by physically seeing the moon every night. (Isn't that interesting?)
It is important to note that seed cycling should not be the only method you use to regulate your hormones. It is best used in conjunction with other methods, such as a balanced diet and stress reduction techniques. However, if you are looking for an easy and natural way to help balance your hormones, seed cycling may be a good place to start!
If you're interested in trying seed cycling, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, it's important to consume organic, hormone-free seeds.
- Second, you'll need to grind the seeds in order to get the most benefit from them. You can do this using a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Finally, it's best to consume the seeds with fat, such as almond butter or coconut oil, in order to help absorption.
Now that you know the basics of seed cycling, I'll be sharing some recipes to make getting these seeds daily simple!